Army Cloud Computing Enterprise Transformation (ACCENT) is the Army’s preferred contract vehicle to procure cloud computing, transition support, and application modernization services and is available for use by all Army organizations.
Contracting is decentralized with contracting office of the ordering organization.
ACCENT Ceiling: $247.7 million.
What is a BOA?
A Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA) is an agreement executed with potential bidders who meet certain criteria. To qualify for ACCENT bidders must possess a DOD Provisional Authorization for their cloud service offering.
Period of Performance: February 2017 – February 2020 with Task Orders up to 5 years.
What Cloud Services are in scope?
IaaS, PaaS, SaaS; On and Off-Premise; Public, Private, Hybrid, and Community; Impact Levels 2,4,5,6; Transition Support; Application Modernization; Mobile Application Development.
Cloud transition support activities may include application analysis, security requirements analysis, documentation, modernization (code refactoring and augmentation), virtualization, technical engineering, migration scheduling, business process reengineering, data preparation, migration planning, interface transition planning, training on CSO environment, service transition planning, cutover planning, back out planning, and go-live support.
Modernization is the refactoring or consolidation of legacy software programming to align it more closely with current business needs. Application modernization may be required as part of transition support services. In this case, modernizing systems/applications to migrate to commercial cloud hosting environments. The following are core activities performed in application modernization activities which are in scope and may be performed under ACCENT.
• Develop application documentation to support modernization or improve maintenance and testing efficiency.
• Identify approaches to modernize and upgrade applications to enhance business value.
• Consolidate and rationalize data and applications to eliminate redundancy, improve efficiency and make improvements to data quality.
• Enhance security to latest standards of best practice and compliance.
• Re-architect applications to leverage modern architecture standards and interface capabilities.
• Assess, plan and implement server workload consolidations to reduce cost and complexity while migrating to a modernized and scalable platform.